Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Join our Cause on FaceBook!

I have started a 'Cause' on Facebook for Healing Hearts, and for most of you that are reading this, you have already joined. However, I just wanted to post it as an FYI for you who are not yet on FaceBook, or who do not frequent it often!

Here are a few stats from our Facebook 'Cause':

I started it on April 2, 2009.
As of right now it has 526 members and is still growing!
We have had $300 donated towards our goal of raising $500 before our fundraiser at WiseGuys.
We have family, friends, people I haven't heard from in years, ward members, school buddies, and random people who I do not know, but are touched in some way from Bambi's story.

When I started the cause it was simply because Tami had started an event reminder for the fundraiser and so I thought 'what a good idea! why didn't I think of that? what else could we do to raise awareness?'

I had no idea that people all over would come together and comment on how long it has been since they have seen a pic of Bambi, or how much Bambi meant to them, or how much she brightened their lives. Her example and life lived was such that even now, five years later she is still being talked about and missed.

It is another example of how her story can reach so many. It has been humbling to see how Facebook can have an impact like this. Yes, Facebook! It may not be big and grand, but it is a grass-roots like effort to get the word out to all the friends that may not know, right? So please, continue to invite your friends and family to join our cause and make a small difference!

Thank you everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment