Thursday, October 15, 2009

Act of Kindness

Dear Friends,
I wanted to share with you something that happen to me tonight at work. A lady came up to me and said "Terrie I'm so glad that you are here. I wanted to thank you for all your work you have done with organ donation and sharing Bambi's story. I have followed it from the beginning. I know that because of all your hard work I am alive today. I received a kidney transplant 8 months ago." We were both in tears and I was speechless. She said I just want to give you a hug and thank you. We talked for a few more minutes through tears and shared some more hugs. I am so touched by her act of kindness by coming in and telling me this. It means so much to me. This was a woman that I worked with 8 years ago. I am truly thankful that I'm Bambi's mother.

Terrie

No comments:

Post a Comment